We are currently seeking a Laser Operator to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity to interface with multiple facets of the business including client services, services, sales, marketing and manufacturing.
Space/Craft Worldwide Inc. manufactures window displays for high-end retailers. We are offering a terrific growth opportunity to become a Laser Operator in a new, fast growing, visual design firm in Edgewood, NY. Space/Craft Worldwide Inc. was born out of the need to engage physically with different materials and methods to cultivate gloriously engaging environments. The team here is diverse and comprised of designers, fabricators, thinkers, and committed souls who believe that the challenge is the fun.
• Responsible for setting up and operating a variety of manufacturing machine tools to produce precision parts and instruments.
• Selecting the appropriate tools, machines and materials to be used in preparation of manufacturing machinery work.
• Calculating dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and vernier calipers.
• Operator will perform daily cleaning of machine, scrap bins and perform some maintenance duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
• Load sheets of metal into the laser using a vacuum hoist.
• Unload the cut parts, use instruments to debur and clean parts.
• Make sure that the part meets the quality expectations and it is within the tolerances of the particular part.
• Adhere to all safety rules and OSHA regulations.
• Other duties as assigned.
In addition to heavy lifting (up to 70 pounds), this job requires, variously, continuous standing, walking, sitting, light lifting, carrying, pushing/pulling, kneeling, crawling, climbing, and squatting.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent. Ideal candidate would have at least 1 year of laser operating experience and troubleshooting.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Must have experience working with blueprints, drawings and engineering information
• Knowledge in lasers including designing issues and maintenance
• Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance
• Design techniques, tools and principals involved in production planning, blueprints, drawings and models
• Identify causes of operating errors and deciding what to do through troubleshooting
• Ability to program, set-up and operator lasers
• Ability to produce parts and components from drawings and specifications
• Ability to read and follow written and verbal instructions
This is a full-time position. Flexible hours are required with occasional overtime.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To apply email: HR@spacecraftworldwide.com